Realistic.

All of us go through that period in our life where we are literally surrounded by people and still feel so alone. Sometimes I think it's become a sort of cliché of society, a way our mind subconsciously conforms to. I don't like it. People around me are nice, they love me, they care about me, but still I feel something's missing. God's there, I know He is. It's just... I don't know really... *sigh*
Could it be the worry that's constantly weighing down on my shoulders about what results I'm going to be receiving this upcoming June/July?
Is it knowing my life is going to take a scary but unavoidable U-turn and this is probably going to be the most stressful and exciting year of my life [-2 months].
Is it the deliberation of what I should do with my life? What will make me happy but at the same time give me enough income to live. Let's just say the dream of photography is down the drain here in Malta, and being a lecturer of Philosophy... Well not many openings there now either.
Or is it the stress of knowing something bad is about to happen? I don't know what or when, I can just feel it brewing up inside the drama of the life my life has been the past year.
No. I'm not being negative here, just realistic.

3 Response to "Realistic."

  1. Simon Says:

    photography: jurnalistic, advertising and design companies always need phots, modeling, magazines, and with the internet, you dont really need to go abroad to send a jpeg now do u? chin up... artists always have it tough, but its the way the world gets rid of those who dont really love what they do.

  2. Harrington Says:

    Ok, so I'm in the IT Lab in the morning so bear with me, I'm terribly bored.

    Please take heed to what Simon above me said. I know the arts are difficult to get into in Malta, but keep striving at it.

    First of all, you're one of the few "amateur" photographers I know that actually takes good photos, so it'd be a terrible waste.

    Secondly, photography isn't that bad of a business in Malta. Journalism is ever demanding, and while you may end up taking political photos for the first few years of your career, there are a lot of openings for the truly talented. Don't believe me? Try this guy

    http://chrisazzopardi.exposuremanager.com/

    That's my old art teacher in secondary. He's a great painter and an even better photographer as he understands the intricacies of photography, such as lighting, composition and the like. Either way to the point, he was featured in the 2008 EU Yearly Calender (was about diversity), which lead to exposure, which lead to him selling his photos abroad (while teaching art).

    Thirdly, even if you can't make it here, you can still try something abroad. Hell, I'm going to be attempting cinematography abroad which is much more "dog eat dog".

    To wrap this up, you can never succeed if you don't try. Just embrace your youth and be ready to plunge in the business and give it your best shot. With a bit of perseverance, you should be able to make it :)

  3. Bettina Says:

    bleh zoe i knw d feelings!! i just read you read out my thoughts and i was like..." hah now dats funny we all feel the same.."